Ready to explore?
OMSI is open on a limited basis. We're excited for you to experience our latest exhibit Dinosaurs Revealed, the Natural Science Hall, see Empirical Theater and Kendall Planetarium shows, and tour the USS Blueback Submarine.
To help keep our community healthy, OMSI has limited capacity, introduced staggered ticketing times, and is continuing to require face coverings.
What to Know Before You Visit
OMSI remains committed to the health and safety of everyone at the museum—including our visitors, students, staff, and volunteers—and we want you to feel comfortable and safe while discovering at OMSI. While our region is moving closer to community immunity, we are continuing to require visitors to wear masks.
This policy allows us to offer a safe space to the hundreds of children attending OMSI Camps & Classes at the museum, as the majority of these students are not yet eligible to be vaccinated.
To help limit the spread of COVID-19, OMSI has taken the below steps:
- Staff and guests will be wearing face coverings to protect those too young for vaccination
- Capacity for open areas across the museum has been reduced
- Providing online ticketing (we'll scan your ticket for contactless entry)
- Signs are posted throughout the museum to encourage guests to maintain physical distancing
- Enhanced cleaning protocols are in place and additional hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the museum