Ready to explore?
We’re excited for you to experience our Natural Sciences Hall, Empirical Theater, Kendall Planetarium, and the USS Blueback Submarine, as well as our newly reopened Turbine Hall and reimagined Science Playground!
To help keep our community healthy, OMSI has limited capacity, introduced staggered ticketing times, and is continuing to require staff and guests ages 3 and older to wear face coverings.
What to Know Before You Visit
OMSI remains committed to the health and safety of everyone at the museum—including our visitors, students, staff, and volunteers—and we want you to feel comfortable and safe while discovering at OMSI. While our region is moving closer to community immunity, we are continuing to require staff and guests ages 3 and older to wear masks.
This policy allows us to offer a safe space to the hundreds of youth visiting the museum, as the majority of these children are not yet eligible to be vaccinated.
To help limit the spread of COVID-19, OMSI has taken the below steps:
- Staff and guests ages 3 and older will be wearing face coverings to protect those too young for vaccination
- Capacity for open areas across the museum has been reduced
- Providing online ticketing (we'll scan your ticket for contactless entry)
- Signs are posted throughout the museum to encourage guests to maintain physical distancing
- Enhanced cleaning protocols are in place and additional hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the museum