The global spread of COVID-19 has generated understandable concern in our community.
Learn more about what we’re doing, the science behind COVID-19, and the trusted sources we’re working with.
What OMSI is Doing
To help limit the spread of COVID-19 and in support of Governor Brown’s recent announcements, OMSI is currently closed to the public. By taking this proactive step, we may limit exposure to this virus and help protect our entire community, particularly those most vulnerable.
We have cancelled Spring Break Camps & Classes and have reached out to all registered families. We are deeply disappointed but feel this was the right decision at this time.
OMSI encourages you to learn more and ensure you have scientifically-accurate information about this rapidly evolving situation. We trust the following sources:
- • The World Health Organization (WHO) has comprehensive information about COVID-19 and its impact around the world.
- • The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has details about the disease within the United States.
- • The Oregon Health Authority is leading the state response and offers COVID-19 FAQs in multiple languages including Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Vietnamese, Somali, and Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.
- • Multnomah County is leading the county response to COVID-19.
Additional information can also be found through:
- • National Institute of Health
- • Pan American Health Organization
- • Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security
- • University of Minnesota Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP)