Included in General Admission | Current science gets up close and personal at Meet a Scientist. This program, held on the second and fourth Saturdays of the month, features local scientists who share their research and knowledge with you through hands-on activities and conversation. Meet a Scientist exclusively features professionals who are OMSI Science Communication Fellows.
March 10 Topics
- Explore the depths of the ocean as you discover new species of squid with Annie.
- Join Ben and learn how different factors in the environment may affect the risk of tick-borne illnesses in humans.
- See how wind creates currents and turbulence deep below the surface of the ocean with Sally.
- Explore the amazing world of molecular motors with Allison.
March 24 Topics
- Meet Kasey and learn about how scientists research the complex world of hearing.
- Learn the fascinating and unique structure of the inner ear with George, and discover how it tells different sounds apart.
- Explode stars and watch the results create new stars and planets with Davide.
- Speak with Uchenna as you try to discover how cells decide if they will become a heart or another part of the body.