Financial Aid Overview
Financial aid and assistance is available for families that qualify and while funds remain available. Financial aid and assistance is supported by donations to OMSI’s financial access programs and availability may change from season to season. Summer camp financial aid application are available when registration opens through end of day on May 15, 2024. subject to availability of funding.
- Early Application Deadline: Submit your financial aid application and registration by midnight on March 15, 2024* to be considered for financial aid by the early registration deadline.
- Final Application Deadline: The final financial aid application deadline is midnight on May 15, 2024.
*Many camps fill quickly. Apply early to reserve your camper’s spot. Funds and programming are subject to availability.
Policies + Limitations
- Qualifications: Consider applying for OMSI Financial Aid Scholarships if any of the following applies to you. Your family receives income assistance via WIC, EBT, SNAP, TANF, Medicaid/OHP or your student receives free or reduced lunch. Your financial circumstances would prevent your student from joining camp. You are impacted by systemic and historic oppression.
- Limitations: Financial aid awards are subject to availability of funding. A family or caregiver may apply for financial per child. Only one financial aid application may be submitted for overnight/residential camps or two financial aid applications may be submitted for day camp/class per child.
- Requirements: A deposit of $125 per overnight residential camp application, $75 per day camp/class application is required. This is refundable if the application is declined. This deposit secures the spot for your child at the time you submit your application and receive a receipt.
- Award Notifications: You will receive an email from OMSI alerting you of the status of your application. If approved, no action is needed from you to accept. OMSI will apply a financial aid award for the balance of the program cost. To reject an award letter or if plans have changed please contact the registration office. If OMSI is unable to fund the program and you receive a letter declining financial aid. You will have 5 business days to contact the registration office to finish payment for the program or receive a refund of the deposit payment. If the program isn’t paid in full within 5 business days the deposit will be refunded and the student will be un-enrolled. *Financial aid is subject to availability.
How to Apply
How to apply for financial aid:
- Log in to the camp’s webpage
- Add a day camp or overnight camp to your cart
- Select the “Apply For Financial Aid” checkbox below your item in your cart
- This will prompt you through the registration steps and the financial application
- Pay the deposit per program
Be prepared to answer the following application question:
- Estimated Annual Family Income
- Number of people in your household
- Child’s state and county of residence
- Child’s grade in the Fall
Other Helpful Links
Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions? We have answers! Explore frequently asked questions. For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 797-4661.
Apply by March 15, 2024 to be eligible for the first review period. All Summer 2024 applications must be submitted no later than May 15, 2024 at 11:59PM PST.
Financial aid awards are reviewed at two points during the enrollment window. March 15th is the deadline to be considered for early application review period. All Applications must be submitted and completed by the final review period: May 15, 2024.
Financial aid awards are based on current levels of available funds, number of applications received, and OMSI’s ability to fund applications. For more information on summer camps and classes contact our registration office at email@example.com or 503.797.4661.
Financial aid requests are reviewed on two dates during the enrollment window. March 15th is the deadline to be considered for early application review period. All applications must be submitted and completed by the final review period: May 15, 2024.
OMSI is fortunate to be able to offer scholarship funds due to the generosity of many donors. If you receive a financial aid award, we strongly encourage you to send a letter of thanks to the donor(s) who provided the funding for your award and to complete a survey about your experience. Our ability to provide future funding is dependent on maintaining good relationships with our donors, and your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.
Once your application has been processed, you will receive updates on the status of your application by email. For applications received prior to the March 15th early enrollment deadline award letters are expected to be emailed March 29. For applications received prior to the May 15th final deadline award letters are expected to be emailed May 29, 2024.
If approved, no action is needed from you to accept. OMSI will apply a financial aid award for the balance of the program cost. To reject an award letter or if plans have changed please contact the registration office. Thank you letters to donors can be mailed to OMSI Development Office.
If OMSI is unable to fund the program and you receive a letter declining financial aid. You will need to contact the registration office within 5 business days to finish payment for the program or receive a refund of the deposit payment. If the program isn’t paid in full within 5 business days the deposit will be refunded and the student will be un-enrolled.
*Financial aid is subject to availability.