Included in General Admission | Current science gets up close and personal at Meet a Scientist. This program, held on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month, features local scientists who share their research and knowledge with you through hands-on activities and conversation. Meet a Scientist exclusively features professionals who are OMSI Science Communication Fellows.
September 8 Topics
September 22 Topics
- Explore coastal seagrass ecosystems and its associated microbes with Winni.
- Talk to Aisha and learn how we can use renewable resources to meet Oregon’s electricity needs. Help get the power to the people!
- Learn about the genome and the differences between plants with Christina
- Meet George and explore the amazing world of fungiphytes and the medicinal secrets they hold.
- Learn about coral reefs by building your own alongside Katie, and see if they can survive the rising ocean temperatures!
- Explore the water we use to grow our food with Amber.