Included in General Admission | Current science gets up close and personal at Meet a Scientist. This program, held on most second and fourth Saturdays of each month, features local scientists who share their research and knowledge with you through hands-on activities and conversation. Meet a Scientist exclusively features professionals who are OMSI Science Communication Fellows.
September 14 Topics
September 28 Topics
- Explore how climate, weather, and fuels generate the wildfire cycle. Play with the climate and lightning roulettes and Andres' demo to make your own (imaginary) wildfire.
- Meet George K. and learn how viruses evolve to infect more cells.
- Immerse yourself in a lab experience with Taylor to learn about harmful algae in the water.
- Learn the fascinating and unique structure of the inner ear with George B. and discover how it tells different sounds apart.
- Explore the depths of the ocean as you discover new species of squid with Annie.