Included in General Admission | Current science gets up close and personal at Meet a Scientist. This program, held on the second Saturday of the month, features local scientists who share their research and knowledge with you through hands-on activities and conversation. Meet a Scientist exclusively features professionals who are OMSI Science Communication Fellows.
December 8 Topics
Come meet Sally, George, Annie, Sydney, Ben, Cara, and Katie!
- Explore the depths of the ocean as you discover new species of squid with Annie
- Join Ben and learn about how different factors in the environment may impact the risk of tick-borne illnesses in humans
- Learn about coral reefs by building your own alongside Katie, and see if they can survive the rising ocean temperatures
- Meet George and explore the amazing world of fungiphytes and the medicinal secrets they hold
- Join Sydney to learn an unconventional way to study the dangers of radiation on astronauts
- Explore what ocean mud can tell us about past conditions and events on Earth with Cara
- Meet Sally and see how wind creates currents and turbulence down deep below the surface of the ocean