Now extended through November 28, experience the stop-motion fantasia of LAIKA Studios as it celebrates its 15th anniversary with screenings of all five of its Oscar-nominated films, from Coraline to Missing Link.
Walk through displays of puppets and sets from each film and explore the meticulous craftsmanship of LAIKA's creative process. Key filmmakers will be on hand for Q&As that delve deeper into the artistry and technical innovation behind the films.
Access to the LAIKA pop-up exhibit is included with your Empirical Theater movie ticket or OMSI museum admission ticket.
Saturday, November 13: The Boxtrolls: Presented by Brian McLean, Director of Rapid Prototyping at LAIKA
Sunday, November 14: Coraline: Presented by Brad Schiff, Animation Supervisor at LAIKA
Saturday, November 20: Kubo and the Two Strings: Presented by Ollie Jones, Director of Practical Effects at LAIKA
Sunday, November 21: Paranorman: Presented by Nelson Lowry, Production Designer at LAIKA
LAIKA’s ‘hero’ or main character puppets as well as Moonbeast and the Skeleton (small scale) from Kubo and the Two Strings will be on display as well as several memorable sets, including:
• Coraline’s Other Kitchen with Other Mother/Other Father and Beldam’s Sewing table from Coraline
• Interior of Norman’s Bedroom and Mitch’s van with the gang and Zombie judge from ParaNorman
• Sparky's Market tent and Snatcher’s Truck from The Boxtrolls
• Kubo's market building from Kubo and the Two Strings
• Sir Lionel's apartment and Adelina’s boat cabin from Missing Link