How should Portland build resilience for dealing with weather and climate-related hazards in the coming decades? Apply now to participate in this day-long forum – no prior knowledge needed.
In this day-long forum participants will:
- Use visualizations to explore potential vulnerabilities to our infrastructures, social networks, and ecosystems from heat waves and extreme precipitation events.
- Discuss tradeoffs and uncertainties associated with potential strategies for addressing these threats, focusing on the priorities and needs of relevant stakeholders.
- Make recommendations for increasing community resilience.
This event is designed to gather the opinions of a diverse range of people from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
- You do not need to have any knowledge about the topic to be selected.
- A $50 stipend will be provided to participants who attend.
This is a free event; however, attendees must fill out an application beforehand.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. If you already applied, you should be receiving an email shortly with next steps. Thank you for your interest!