The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry is committed to fostering safe, inclusive, and welcoming environments for all staff, volunteers, museum visitors and program participants.
We are committed to ensuring that all OMSI experiences and spaces are free from harassment, discrimination, and threatening or disrespectful behavior of any kind. Anyone who engages in such conduct either on or off site will have their access revoked without notice or refund. If you have experienced or observed any violations of this agreement, or have any concerns, please alert a member of our staff immediately or contact Grant Vondrachek, OMSI’s Safety, Health and Security Manager, at 503-797-4625 or email@example.com.
By attending OMSI experiences at the museum or in any location, you are agreeing to comply with this Visitation Agreement. We appreciate your participation in creating a welcoming and safe environment for all.
If Sick, Stay Home
We ask all visitors who are sick or feel unwell to please stay home.
Visitors are encouraged to wash and sanitize hands frequently during their visit. Hand-sanitizing stations are available throughout our facilities.
While face masks are not currently required, all visitors who feel more comfortable wearing a face mask during their visit are encouraged to do so.
All visitors under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
Service animals are welcome in the museum. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), a service animal is defined as a dog that has been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. Pets are not permitted.
Visitation policies for OMSI premises are designed to protect visitors and staff as well as secure and preserve learning experiences, exhibits and facilities. While on OMSI premises, visitors shall not:
- Carry firearms or weapons of any kind either openly or concealed on the premises. The prohibition applies to all visitors, including those with firearm permits, but not to active law enforcement personnel authorized to carry firearms
- Destroy, damage or remove property
- Use loud, abusive, or otherwise improper language verbally or in writing
- Create any hazard to persons or things
- Perform obscene or indecent acts
- Engage in disorderly conduct
- Enter OMSI spaces in bathing suits or without clothing, shirts or shoes (shoes may be removed in Science Playground)
- Possess, use or sell illegal drugs or cannabis
- Possess alcohol not sold on our premises
- Smoke or vape in any OMSI building or outside of designated smoking areas
- Use personal transport devices (scooters, strollers or wheelchairs, etc.) in a reckless, negligent, or unsafe manner
- Solicit, campaign or distribute unauthorized literature
- Loiter, cook, camp or sleep